Singapore Summer

I've been really lucky to travel to so many places this past year - some new and some old. But one of my most cherished trips was to Singapore over the summer, where I grew up for the first 10 years of my life. Wanted to share my experience with a few clicks of my favorite views and eats. 
 Singapore is full of high rises and most people live in flats organized by blocks. Here's the view from floor 59 in Toa Payoh just before the sunset. 

 Visited my good friend and host, Nik, at the National University of Singapore, the most prestigious college in the country, for lunch. This monstrosity is a classic Singaporean dessert, called Ice Kachang, filled with all sorts of goodness - layers upon layers of red bean paste, jelly, ice, lychee, and watermelon flavors, topped with ice cream. 

 A walk around Sentosa Beach Boardwalk. 



 The view from Singapore's poshest and most happening club overlooking the entire city- Ku De Ta at the rooftop of Marina Bay Sands Hotel. 

 One thing I loved about Singapore - how most places were open almost all night and there was always a hustle and bustle at all hours. The weather was warm and breezy while we enjoyed a midnight supper (as Singaporeans call it) at the Lau Pa Sat hawker fare / street food festival. 

Went out for dessert to this dangerously delicious cafe in Upper Thomson with my friend, Ankur. Pictured above: mango jelly with vanilla ice cream and sweet yams in coconut milk. Appropriately demolished about 2 seconds after this picture was taken. 

Comments

  1. Singapore does look as rich and fabulous as you described it! Also, love the pictures at night.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts