Haifa - Gan Bahá'í

During my travels, I've explored many different religions and faiths, visiting temples, mosques, and spiritual places in cities around the world. Continuing on a spiritual journey, I heard of a new faith called Bahá'í for the first time during my time in Israel. The focus of the Bahá'í religion is on the unity of all humankind, with an emphasis on the principles that all humans have been created equal. The faith accepts diversity, ethnicity, race, and culture as concepts of beauty and appreciation, rather than bases for discrimination. 

I learned about the Bahá'í Gardens located in a city called Haifa, not far from Tel Aviv, and decided to take a day trip there on my last day in Israel. 

A view of Haifa on the way up to the gardens.

The actual Shrine was closed for the day before I got into Haifa, so I didn't get a chance to go in. However, I made it to the top of Mount Carmel, where the gardens surrounding the Shrine are located, and joined a Hebrew tour group (all the English tours for the day were also over). We basically made our way from the top of the hill to the bottom, while the tour guide explained - the view getting more and more beautiful with each level down. 

The view of the Shrine from the top of Mount Carmel with the port in the background. 
The golden dome is the Shrine of the Báb, where Bahá'í's from all over the world come to pray. He is one of three central figures of the Bahá'í faith and revered as a messenger of God. 

This is my last post from Israel... a short one this time. Hope you enjoyed it!
Xoxo

Comments

  1. Again nice post, as same places are on my bucket bag:) Hope vegetarian food is available, as every time I get stuck to salad, coffee & water :)
    Inspiring, do travel a lot, write a lot. Safe Journeys ahead.
    Cheers. Mazel tov :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words! It's always a huge source of encouragement for me to keep going as a new blogger :) As for your struggles as a vegetarian - I totally understand. It's quite difficult in some places, but Israel is not one of them. I had absolutely no trouble finding a variety of delicious vegetarian meals including falafels, hummus, cheese, fresh bread, babaghanoush, and the list goes on. There is some form of vegetarian pizza available at nearly every single cafe or corner shop, so you should be perfectly fine! Hope you keep following and commenting :)

      Delete
  2. I enjoy reading your blog posts :)
    There's a Baha'i shrine in Delhi called the Lotus Temple. Maybe you could visit it when you go to India sometime. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lotus_Temple

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for reading - I do hope you subscribe for email updates! I have heard so many wonderful things about the Lotus Temple in Delhi. Unfortunately, we didn't have enough time to visit the last time I was in Delhi. I'll be sure to check it out on my next trip there!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts